I don't know if I have emphasized enough about the fact that I go to bed EVERY NIGHT at 7:30-8:00. I can even go really early at 7:00 if it has been a tiring day for me. I have not always done this. When I was in school and working part time, my life did not require so much energy. I could stay up until 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning and still get up to go to school and then work afterwards. When I started working full time, that's when this going to bed early thing became a big deal. This was also the time I started putting on a lot of weight. Now according to some studies, getting a good nights sleep helps weight loss. If that were true, I would be a size 2. But I digress.

Yesterday, was a really crazy day for me at work and it got even more so when I came home. I was so stressed out about the house, my grandmother, and life in general that I was really to go to bed around 15 til 8. Then she started and I could tell it was going to be one of those nights. So I got up. And went walking. I got redressed and went walking. At 8 something. I also walked for about 15 minutes but I was so tired afterward. I am WAY out of shape. But I walked, with my chocolate Lab pulling me along. And then I came back and slept LIKE.A.ROCK. I normally get up about three times during the night. Not last night. I don't know if it was the walk or I was just really tired. Whatever. I am going to try to set my walking days for Tuesday and Thursday to start with. I want to walk at least 15 minutes. I am going to do this for two weeks. Then increase my time to 20 minutes. We'll see what happens.

Hope everyone is doing well. I promise to get around to your blogs tonight or tomorrow.

6 Comments:

  1. Angie in T.O. said...
    I go to bed early every night too, and have recently starting walking again. I've found in the past when I did use to walk more, that after I did it for a while, I got more energy, but those first couple weeks, I was so tired afterward. I'd be going to bed before the sun too!
    Best of luck with it!
    M said...
    Depending on your neighborhood, you should take an mp3 player with you, its soo much more fun and relaxing :)

    Keep it up!
    Anonymous said...
    Crystal - right now, I am sooo jealous of your sleep. YOU LUCKY DOG!

    I fall asleep as soon as I hit the pillow, but the problem is, I can't stay asleep because my little stinker still does not sleep thru the night!
    H.K. said...
    Walking does help when you're having trouble sleeping. I used to be an insomniac and I noticed just walking even at a slow pace helped me to go to sleep.

    A nice stroll in the evening is a great way to end the night.

    Have a great weekend!
    cathy said...
    Oh, I wish I could get to bed somewhat early. Even 9:30 would be good. It's usually closer to midnight. :(

    Yes, walking is a great way to tire yourself out and get to that deep sleep.
    Lynn Kellan said...
    Hi Crystal,
    I, too, like to go to bed early. (We wake up early, too.) So don't feel goofy about feeling sleepy at 8pm.

    I agree - I sleep great when I've taken a walk with my dog. My neighbor and I often walk our dogs together; we chat and the dogs love to hang out together.

    Keep up the good work! You're doing extremely well!!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home