It's a New Day

Let's face it, yesterday was not, by any stretches of the imagination, a good day. AT ALL. Bless his heart, Michael called me after he read my post. I think he wanted to make sure I was OK. As well as we know each other, I have never revealed these things to him about myself. On one hand, I was embarrassed. On the other, given our history I was afraid I would scare him off. But I haven't and this means more to me than he knows. He called and suggested we talk about this. I could do nothing but cry. He said I shouldn't be hard on myself. I emailed him what I typically eat so he could see the difference. He made no comments about the calories. Just, "Don't beat yourself up about it" was what he said. I cried myself to sleep last night because it was my first MAJOR slip up and I knew the scales would reflect it this morning.

So I got up, checked the blog for any comments and there were two. One from Lola, whose name I adore and one from 4 oz, whose name makes me smile. They offered encouragement and the same that Michael did, "Don't beat yourself up." 4 oz also suggested that I weigh in on Monday. I thought about it and decided to weigh in today. It's important that I know what is going on and how those times will effect my body. So I weighed in........


AND I LOST 3 POUNDS!!!! I cannot even begin to tell you the relief I felt. I am now 249....2 freaking 49. This is wonderful. I have lost a total of 21.2 since January 5 and a total of 29 pounds since November of 2008. All week this week was great, until yesterday. I am so proud of myself on one hand. I know I have worked hard to calculate my calories each week. On the other hand, I don't feel like I have really earned it because of yesterday. I get that it was only one day. That today, I will go back to being mindful of what goes into my body. But, that one day, could have ruined my whole week. I think I have learned from this so that I can move on. I am just so happy that the scale was kind to me today.

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    GIRL!!!! WHAT! Woo HOO! I'm so excited for you!

    Moving forward!
    Chubby Chick said...
    Congrats on the loss! That is fantastic!

    And... we all slip up from time to time. The important thing is that we get back on track right away. Here's to a great week ahead! :)
    Anonymous said...
    Hi Crystal, I found you on linkreferral. I will have to go back and read about your journey so far. Congratulations- you are doing a great job!

    I also struggle with my weight. I learned at weight watchers that today's food choices won't reflect on the scale tomorrow. The changes will show up in 2 days. I don't know if you've experienced that or not.

    I have also learned that you have to take each day one at a time. Don't worry if you slipped up yesterday- make it right today.

    Good luck!

    Cathy
    Rachel said...
    Hi, I'm doing the challenge too, and wanted to say well done on the weight loss! And when you have off days - don't beat yourself up, it's one day and one day is no reason to throw away all the hard work you've already done :)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home