My Goals

I have not taken a lot of time talking about my goals. I have primarily concentrated on my short term and daily journey. There have been a few reasons for this. I have concentrated on the short term and daily issues because looking ahead is too overwhelming. It's too scary. It makes me not be able to breathe. However, I have lost 28 pounds. 28 pounds. I can't believe. January 5, when I started, I never thought that by May I would have lost 28 pounds.

I still have 70 pounds to go. THIS is what causes me to not be able to breathe. THIS is what is overwhelming. I want to lose 100 pounds. I need to lose 100 pounds. I know that I will be the most healthy I can be if I lose 100 pounds. But it's crazy to think that I still have 70 to go. 70.pounds. I'm making such a big deal out of this because I haven't stopped to think about this yet. And maybe I don't need to yet. But, I'm starting to get serious about this journey...not that I haven't been already...but I'm starting to realize that it's possible. I'm starting to realize that I am worth this. I am worth feeling and looking the best that I can.

With all this, I feel like I need to still take it slow. I feel like those small goals I am making are the ones I need to stick to. Right now, my small goal is 235. Once I reach 235, I will think about what I need to do further.

By the way, I have walked twice today. I am so proud of myself. There are a group of ladies at work that walk during our 15 minute breaks. I walked with them and walked when I got home with Mocha. I think I will try to continue doing this. I want to create a calorie deficit of some sort.

I can do this. I know I can.

7 Comments:

  1. Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...
    That is such a great perspective! I totally agree with small goals and one day at a time, much better than getting overwhelmed with the big picture. So, good job!
    Anonymous said...
    Small goals is totally the way to go. When I first started, I had 70 pounds to lose and you are right, that is daunting. It seems impossible....but when I think of it 10 pounds at a time, it doesn't seem quite so bad.

    You can do it Crystal. You are 1/4 of the way there.
    Tamzin said...
    Great Job!!! :D
    jo said...
    Yes, you CAN do this. You ARE doing this!

    I think short goals are the way to go. Right now my goal is to hit 262.5. I take it five pounds at a time. It's so much less overwhelming that way.
    http://282point5.blogspot.com/2009/02/goals.html

    That's my goal chart. While the chart itself may be overwelming, I ONLY focus on the next weight. And it's so much fun getting to write in red the date obtained!

    Congrats on your 28! WOO-HOO. That's fantastic!!!
    Angie in T.O. said...
    Your doing great!!! You've lost 28lbs!! That's wonderful, your a 1/4 of the way there. I think setting smaller goals that will get you to your bigger goal, is the way to go. You will do this, you are doing this. Good job!
    "4 oz" said...
    Crystal, I'm very proud of you for dropping 28 lbs since January! You go, girl! Definitely think "baby steps". Focus on those and stop thinking about 70lbs. Keep it up! You'll get there!
    H.K. said...
    Small goals is the way to go! I agree looking into the future is too overwhelming.

    It really is one day at a time. I think that's the main reason why I have stuck it thru. If I think about what I need to do tomorrow, I miss out on today.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home