The Weekend

I live for my weekends...just because...well, you know, it's the weekend. It's also the time I get to spend with Michael and the food plan relaxes. We decided to go fishing yesterday. I love fishing though I have only caught one fish before. It's a time that I relax and just breathe. It's also a time that I get to just sit with Michael and talk. It's the time he asks me things about whatever it is he's thinking about. One thing he asked me about yesterday was my emotional eating. He and I are very open with each other and I try to include him even during the hardest times. Emotional eating is something I do I explained to him. If my moods are extreme (good or bad) or if I am bored, one of the first things I will look for is something to eat. He kind of look puzzled and said, "I only eat if I am hungry." Yes, I told him. That's what you are supposed to do and what most people do. However, there are those like me who "eat their feelings."

So that got me thinking. Do I eat more on the weekends because it's the weekend? Or do I eat more on the weekends because I am extremely happy it's the weekend? Either way, I have really got to start doing better. Since I don't track, I don't honestly know how many calories I eat on the weekend. I was haphazard a guess that the calories on the weekend in just one day are double the calories I eat in one day during the week. I know this has got to be hindering my progress. I have to do some much make up work during the week that by the end of the week, I am only caught up..not really ahead. I really need to change that. I really need to start holding myself accountable during the weekend and not just the week.

8 Comments:

  1. clairelouise said...
    It seems to me you are doing really well with this diet. I love your postive thinking. It will get you a long way. It is also great you are sharing this will everyone it shows you are going to go the whole way. By the way im claire louise you commented on my blog a boy with Aspergers http://aspergersinfo.wordpress.com I just want to thank you for such a great comment. As well as my aspergers blog I have a blog on all aspects of mental health and the mind. It is a blogger blog I have tryed to link to you from it (hope it worked, Im new to blogger) Anyhow thanks again and keep up the fantastic work:)
    Katie said...
    I think I may eat more on the weekends, too. However, I think my reason for doing so is that I just have so much more free time. Free time, for me, equals sit around, watch TV, and snack.
    Tee said...
    My eating plan didn't just relax this weekend, it passed out. lol
    Crystal said...
    LOL Tacie!

    I think that's why I eat more Kate. It's a lot easier to eat when there's nothing else to do.

    Thanks for stopping by Claire. I will definitely check out your blog again.
    "4 oz" said...
    Weekends have always been tough for me because in my mind, they're meant for relaxation. Hence, my guard is down, my body wants to relax, and so does my diet plan. If you spend lots of time with Michael on the weekends (I hope I remembered his name correctly), ask for his support. It got to the point where I told my boyfriend to get on my case. We spend every weekend together and in most cases, eating at least 2 meals a day together. It wasn't until he really started encouraging me and cooking foods that were healthier, that my weekend glitches started to improve.
    Chubby Chick said...
    I think weekends are hard for a lot of us. It's a time to relax and unwind... and somehow we just automatically let our guard down when it comes to eating.

    Hang in there! You can do this! :)
    Tami Abiuso said...
    Wow, I think you are doing fabulous. You've lost about 10 pounds each month. Try to stop beating yourself up. This has to be a life long change, so if you splurge a bit on the weekends, relax. You are still making progress. Doesn't Nutra System even have a program with the weekends off. Too much pressure and you feel guilty. Guilt not good. Making progress, good. Keep up the great job you're doing. I'm proud of you.
    Anonymous said...
    I just want to congratulate you and add a little Chicago style encouragement.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home